Thursday, December 31, 2009

Denver

The day after Christmas, my mom, dad, Judah, Mayah, Liam, Lily, and I loaded up my cousin's van, braved the icy roads, and made our way to Denver. My older brother, Jeremy, lives in Denver with his wife, Shana. My sister, Jenny, lives in Montana with her husband, Aaron, and her daughter, Madeline. Denver is about a twelve hour drive from Iowa and Montana, so the Criswell family made plans to meet up there for Christmas this year.
This is a photo of all of the cousins. Madeline, Liam, Mayah, and Judah all got shirts with pictures of Lily's face on them. It was hilarious. My favorite is Judah's shirt because Lily's face resembles that of Aunt Jemima.
This is Madeline with her daddy, Aaron. We visited the Denver Aquarium on Tuesday. Maddie thought the loud parrot was pretty funny. Lily barely left Maddie's sight the entire trip.

This is Liam and I before he fell asleep. I like this picture because it shows how much my little blue-eyed blonde child does NOT look like me. Who is this kid?

Judah, Maddie, and Mayah were looking into a huge tank with sharks and other giant fish when a scuba diver swam up to where they were standing. She stood there and did sign language-like motions to them for about five minutes.

I love how blue Liam's eyes are in this picture next to my mom's shirt.

We got presents for the kids to open at the hotel. The three middle grand kids got Super Why costumes. Judah is Super Why, and Madeline and Mayah are Princess Pea. Judah wore his mask and cape the entire twelve hour trip home.

Jenny picked up tights out of Target's dollar aisle for Maddie and Mayah. Mayah loved them: one for her legs and one for her head. She was cheese-ing it up big time.

Jenny also bought the kids a Curious George Zoo board game. It was a lot of fun. Part of the game is to put on a mask and "escape" from the zoo. This is my pig mask.

We swam a lot while we were there. This picture was taken after swimming one day (this is the excuse I give you for my children all being semi-naked, when in reality, they are always naked.). It cracks me up that Lily, Jer, and my dad are making silly faces as was requested, and all three of my children are glued to the television. Ahh family time...
And finally, more television. I think the best part of the vacation for my children was that the tv was on the entire time we were in the hotel room. I hope that is not all they remember.









No comments:

Post a Comment