Friday, January 8, 2010

Worst Hair Scenario

As you may have already noticed, Mayah has some curls. Her hair is adorable right after the bath or if I take the time to wet it down and do some scrunch action with my fingers. It is even kinda nice if I just brush it out, giving it some nice Farrah Fawcett waves.
However, it is atrocious in the morning and after naps.
This is what we woke up to this morning:



How does a mess like this even happen? She has to twirl it in her sleep. I can't think of any other explanation for the nappy weave that is my daughter's hair. It is a nightmare to brush out. I use a ton of detangler, which drips down onto her back and makes her squirm. I can't figure out a way to detangle it without winces of pain. I am open for suggestions (not including the unrealistic suggestion to wash it every morning...please take my life situation into account).

Help her...help me.



5 comments:

  1. Can you loosely braid it before bedtime? Doesn't look like it's long enough though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is too short to braid, and she has too many crazy parts in her hair to put it in any type of pony or pig tails. I guess we could just shave it...make her look a little more like Will :)

    Oh, Lettie...I don't know if you want this Owens hair in your family...you may want to rethink this pre-arranged marriage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear a satin pillow case works. But with the bloody noses...mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete