Thursday, July 16, 2009

This Little Piggy Went Wah Wah Wahhh!

Last night was a bit stressful for me. Judah needed to be at VBS by 6, which meant that he needed to be finished with supper by 5:30. This poses a problem at our house, because he knows that Curious George is on while Mama makes supper from 5-5:30. How dare I try to change the system? My ridiculous solution to this problem was to allow Judah to watch his beloved curious monkey while he feasted upon a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. TV and the responsibility of eating or concentrating on anything else do not go together at our house. We may never be one of those families that can order a pizza to watch with a good movie. When the TV is on, Judah is in the zone.

So, my house was in a frenzy. I had just gotten the excersaucer out of the garage for Liam, which takes up a large area in our tiny living room. Joining the excersaucer, was a bouncy seat, a swing, and multiple toys from the other two children. As I was running back and forth trying to get Judah fed and focused, Mayah decided she needed milk NOW! Mayah is not completely verbal yet, so the way she lets you know she needs to feed her addiction to fluids is by grabbing your leg and pushing her cup against you. She is relentless.

Somehow, in the mess of it all, my pinkie toe became the victim in a very unfortunate accident. It really is all a blur now, but I somehow tripped or jammed my toe against the wall or a toy. My brain has spared me the constant replay of this incident by blocking the whole scenario out of my mind. It's just too painful...

So, I have taken a picture of my ugly feet (all apologies) so you can all give me your deepest sympathies. Please focus on the right pinkie toe...the swelling...the bruising...the pain and suffering...

2 comments:

  1. You smashed your toe, not your fingers - we're waiting for another blog entry! That does look painfully sore, maybe the pain does radiate up to your fingers?

    ReplyDelete