Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Naked Babies

My children love to be naked. Love it. It always reminds me of Dana Carvey's stand up when Judah runs in sans clothes. I expect him to shout, "Iiiitttt's NAKED TIME!!" It is partly my fault. I potty train my kids by letting them run around without pants on so they can figure out how to know that pee and poop go in the potty. It is a frustrating process, but it cuts down on the numbers of diapers and pull ups I have to buy :)

Mayah has begun to potty train this week. Mugh. She has quickly realized that poop does not belong in her undies or diaper. Last night, we heard Mayah screaming nearly an hour after we had put her and Judah to bed. They share a room, so when Mayah screams, Judah is awake. I decided to go up pretty quickly to see if I could calm her down. The scene I walked in to will forever be burned into my memory.

The light to the closet had been turned on by Judah. He was bouncing in his bed without his clothes on. I then let my eyes wander to Mayah. She was naked and holding her diaper in both hands. When she saw me, she held her diaper up and said, "Poop." Sure enough, she had pooped in her diaper, taken it off, and was holding it in her hands.

So to recap: two naked children, poop, and bouncing. Why did Judah decide to get naked?
How did Mayah manage to take her shirt off? Did Judah climb into her crib and help her? What was Mayah going to do with that poop?

I guess the positive would be that she knew the poop shouldn't be in her diaper. The negatives? Use your imagination.

1 comment: