Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Her Singing Debut

I have posted videos of Judah blessing us with his love for singing on this blog but never Mayah. Mayah has developed a new love for singing and dancing. Her vocabulary has exploded over the last few months, and I am still shocked when she throws out a long sentence or a new word.

We head to Mommy & Me music every other Tuesday for singing, dancing, and interpretive actions. This is a ministry that we have at our church, which has been going on for three (I think) years now. I started taking Judah when he was too young to do actions or sing along, and now that he is four, he still doesn't do actions or sing along. Here is a breakdown of how M&M usually goes: The 5 year olds stand in the middle like good examples and sing and do the actions. The 3-4 years olds sprint circles around the mommies and babies who are sitting around in a circle. Often times, they will dive under a table or hide in a bathroom. The 1-2 year olds do their best to avoid getting trampled by the older kids, occasionally spinning in circles to the music. The infants sleep in their car seats or lay on their mommy's laps. The mommies sing and do the actions. It is quite a sight!

I tell you this to give you an idea of why I am so shocked when I catch Judah or Mayah singing a song from Mommy & Me. This song is called Five Little Monkeys. If you didn't know the song, you wouldn't know that Mayah is singing at all. At first I thought she was scolding Judah for something. Enjoy:

Five little monkeys swinging from a tree,

teasing mister alligator, "Can't catch me!"

Along came mister alligator, quiet as can be

and snapped that monkey right out of the tree!

My two favorite moments: I love that when I ask her to sing, she goes back to stand at the spot where she was singing before I turned the camera on. It was as if she were performing on a stage. I also love when she is spinning circles and slips on a book. I love her.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! - Andrea

    super cute. btw, i have a cheer competition at carver hawkeye arena here in IA city ,if u can please come. lots of love-Lily <3

    ReplyDelete