Friday, February 26, 2010

William

Will turns thirty today. I know some of you are thinking, "No...come on! There is no way that handsome hunk of meat is already thirty!" while the rest of you are thinking, "Will is only thirty?" Well, no matter your secret thoughts, this blog is dedicated to my favorite man.
This is a photo of Will, Judah, and Mayah last year on Will's birthday. So much has changed! Most importantly, we have another baby (in case you didn't notice that Liam was missing). Will's leg is all healed up. Last year he had reconstructive surgery on his knee. He tore his acl while skiing when he was in college and, after ten years of inflammation and pain, we finally bit the bullet and got that thing fixed. I say bit the bullet because it was a preexisting condition, which means we are paying the full $6,000+ for the surgery out of pocket AND he was still in his brace while I was giving birth to our third child. I will let you imagine what that meant as far as helping out with a newborn. Another thing that has changed is that Judah is no longer in diapers! Something that is the same: my children still don't like wearing pants (I write these words as I look over at the kids watching Sesame Street in the buff.).


Will is an amazing father. My children adore their father. Liam is giddy when Will walks in the door. He is so patient with them. I have never heard him raise his voice at them. Even when they are freaking out, his tone is so gentle. "Take a deep breath" is his go to tactic. I am humbled by his patience. I feel so blessed to have a husband who loves his children so deeply.

This photo was taken last year when we went to Las Vegas for my big brother's wedding. Will and I don't take nice pictures together. We have ONE photo where we are both smiling and looking normal from eight years ago. I still have that picture in a frame waiting to be replaced by a more recent, normal looking photo. Will has this thing that he does with his eyes to amuse himself. His favorite time to do it is in a big group picture because it might not get noticed for a while. He is all about unexpected comedy. I think his dream come true would be that someone would call him years after a photo was taken to say that she just noticed how creepy Will looked. He is very patient with his jokes. My favorite part is how hard he laughs at himself once he sees the picture. He also LOVES to get in the background of stranger's photos and make this face. He doesn't even care if he gets to see the end result of his joke...now that's commitment.

This is one of the many reasons I love Will. He makes me laugh more than anyone on earth. God matched us perfectly.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WILL!! I LOVE TO LOVE YOU!!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Will! I know I know! You should have Will do a post about you. I'm waiting for this now that you have this brewing in your brain about what he may or may not say about you... now... GO! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Will! Too bad we can't meet up tonight. Jamie's brother's birthday is also today and he CANNOT take a "normal" picture either. Now we know why - it's because you were born on this day. Enjoy your 30th year of life!

    ReplyDelete