Monday, June 29, 2009

GOAAAALLL(s)

Yesterday was a busy Sunday. I got up early to work out, which starts the day out long. I have not worked out in years. After I had Judah, I just kind of waited for my body to go back to normal. When he turned two and I was still fat, I realized my dreams were not going to come true. I got pregnant with Mayah that February, fifteen pounds heavier than I was before having Judah. After I had Mayah, I decided I would actually try to lose weight...until I got pregnant with Liam six months later. So here I am, almost three months out from having Liam, and I am not messing around this time. It is really hard for me to stay motivated because I like junk food. I think I get it from my dad. My father weighs about a buck fifteen at 62 and eats like he is trying prove something. He puts whip cream on every possible breakfast food, has multiple pie breaks during the day, stashes mounds of candy and chocolate in his couch, and will buy a dozen Krispie Creams with no intention of sharing. Now I am not this bad, but if there is junk food in my house, I don't feel guilty about eating it. I don't want it to go to waste, you know? I have also lost my high metabolism from my younger days. I really took advantage of it, too. It is hard for me to remember that I can't eat a pan of scotch-a-roos at 9pm (or any other time) like I use to. It is really quite a let down. So, how are you going to stay motivated this time, Jess?

Well, lucky for me, my darling husband has gained a lot of weight, too. Will likes to put on the sympathy pounds during my pregnancies...he's always been the sympathetic type. This time it was not a good situation, because he had his knee surgery a few months before Liam was born and was sedentary for weeks and weeks. So not only was he eating to match his pregnant wife, but he was completely inactive. So we have devised a contest to keep me motivated. The first one to weigh what he or she did at our wedding wins. The prize is....$100 of fun money. This is a big prize for us because we don't have a lot of fun money floating around. Most of our cash these days goes to our kids and their diapers or other necessities. What would I do with this kind of cash all to myself?? Give some of the clothes I have from my college years (seven or eight years ago) to Good Will and get some new stuff? Go purchase some of the movies I have wanted to own for a while but never felt right about spending money on? Treat myself to some "good" beauty supplies (good would not include anything from Suave, Jane, The Dollar General, or Hansen's Beauty Supply). I'm not sure yet, but I am sure that I am going to win.

So, folks, I'll keep you posted. I don't like to lose...anything.

2 comments:

  1. Good idea! Josh and I did a similar thing a couple of years ago, only we set a date and whoever had lost the bigger percentage of weight by that certain date won, kind of like The Biggest Loser, but without all the (intense) trying. I remember that I won but now I don't remember what my prize was. I want to say it was fun money, too. I would LOVE to get a gym membership after this pregnancy, but they're generally so expensive! These days, I would actually love to go work out somewhere to get some alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a membership to Anytime Fitness, which I love. Will gets an amazing discount through his work..it costs like $19 a month for me! Crazy, huh? My biggest problem right now is that I HATE working out anytime but right after I wake up..which isn't possible. I can't even wake up early and go before Will leaves because he is usually at work by 5am. Yeah..I'm not getting up at 3:30 just to sweat.
    The reason I hate working out during the day or at night: I don't want to shower twice. Sad but true.

    ReplyDelete