Monday, June 15, 2009

Liam


As per request (this is for you, Denise), I am going to give you an update on young Liam. Liam was born April 1st of this year, which makes him eleven weeks old on Wednesday. That blows my mind. At the top is a picture of Liam when he was born. To the left is Liam about a week ago. Doesn't even look like the same kid, huh? Liam weighed in at 8 pounds 15 ounces. Today he weighs a whopping 14 pounds. That's right, fourteen. I know we aren't supposed to compare one child to another, but who doesn't do this? So, I will let you share in my poor parenting tactic. Liam weighs more than a pound over what my largest child did at this age. Mayah was 9 lbs 1 oz at birth and thirty pounds at 18 months. She only weighed 12 pounds 8 ounces at eleven weeksh is 1 1/2 pounds less than Liam right now. Liam may just be my little brute. Poor Judah. My oldest is doomed to a life of bullying by his two younger, larger siblings. Judah is only 33 pounds at 3 and a half (three pounds more than his 18 month old sister).


Enough of comparisons, and back to the youngest. Liam is a dream. He has been waking up only once at night since he came home from the hospital and has slept through a few times. He smiles and coos and takes a lot of beatings from J and M. Mayah just finished playing the "Liam is supporting all of my body weight while I kiss his face" game. It's a favorite of ours. He loves to be held closely and falls asleep almost instantly when we position him chest to chest. He is my only child who will not take a pacifier, which is maddening. Believe me, I have tried. Judah can make him smile almost instantly and is the only one who can make him laugh.


After my colicky child, Mayah, I wasn't so sure I could handle bringing another baby into our house. Liam has broken the mold. Before I was married, I was sure I wanted six kids. After having Judah, that number went down to four. After Mayah, I had to pray that God would make me want another one. (Six months later, He hadn't really left me a choice:) With Liam, I am more optimistic. I'm not making any promises, though...remember, he's only eleven weeks old.


My favorite part of Liam's appearance right now is his curly hair. His hair is super curly right out of the bath, but dries straight and spiky. I really hope that he has hair like Mayah and not Judah. I'm not sure I can handle another kid with Will's hair...poor Judah...
Anyway, here is a photo of Liam's hair right out of the bath.


Hmmm..not sure what else I can say about this little guy. He's beautiful and wonderful. We love him to pieces. If you haven't met him, you are missing out!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for letting us "meet" little/big Liam! We've been thinking about driving over to Ames Sunday a.m. to go to church with Jacob. If the Owens family will be there, can I hold him during the service? I need to get the back muscles ready for one-syllable-starting with J-named-baby boy coming in August!

    ReplyDelete