Friday, June 26, 2009

Short Vacation

For those who were wondering if I had given up blogging, my answer is "not yet." Last week, Will and I discovered that the cord that plugs into the wall from our computer was frayed and no longer charging our laptop. We have been sans Internet for quite a while now. It is rough! I was able to check my email and facebook at my mom's house over the week, but only for short intervals because we were so busy. It is nuts how much Internet just becomes a part of your world.

My sister went home on Wednesday, and life is returning to its normal routine. We are in week two of no air conditioning and have been informed that it will be another three weeks before anyone can get out here to repair it. I realize that I grew up without the luxury of air conditioning, but this heat and humidity feels like nothing I have ever experienced. The first really hot night, Liam was up screaming for two hours. We finally gave him a bath to cool him down which woke him up even more. Yesterday I took the kids to WalMart and walked around for two hours just to stay out of the hot house. Oh the memories we are creating.

The kids are in bed, and Will and I are going to enjoy a night of movie watching. Tonight he brought home The International and Underworld (the last one). I'll let you know if they are any good...I don't have high hopes for Underworld...

No comments:

Post a Comment